Wanting another project bass since my last one has been complete and is now being played regularly, I responded to a Craigslist ad for some guitar and bass bodies that were being sold. I ended up with a Strat style guitar body and a P/J style bass body. The guitar body is a project for another time. The bass body was my favorite pickup combination so I decided to pick it up and see what I could do with it. The finish was flaking off in several places; it was a metallic green paint job which was done rather poorly to begin with. This makes it perfect for my purposes.
I forgot to take a picture before I started working on it since I was quite excited and anxious to see what I was dealing with. This is what it looked like about halfway through the stripping process. The green stuff came off rather easily, and as soon as the stripper touched it, it started coming up and made for a very clean and easy strip down to the wood. Upon getting all the green finish and underlying grey primer off, it seems this bass has had some work done to it before.



No comments:
Post a Comment