The Fender P ba
ss pickguard has arrived in the mail, and it looks like a perfect fit! This looks like it will work very well for this project. I’m just waiting on the pickup set to arrive now and I will have all the pieces I need. I could probably mark and drill the holes for the screws on the body now that I have a correct pickguard, but I want to mount the pickups to the body before doing that to make sure I get the adjustment exactly right so something isn’t a little off after the holes are drilled. Another interesting thing is the bridge pickup is closer to the neck than is typical on this configuration. It sits only 1.5” from the bottom of the neck pickup, as opposed to the 2” or so that my other basses have. The main questions are still color choices, but I’ll get to that eventually. I could route the body for the larger pots, but I would need to also drill a hole in the side of the body for a side jack mount. I might also just add a hole to the pickguard since the body is already routed up there, which would allow for the pots and the input jack to all remain top mounted. The pieces are starting to come together…
ss pickguard has arrived in the mail, and it looks like a perfect fit! This looks like it will work very well for this project. I’m just waiting on the pickup set to arrive now and I will have all the pieces I need. I could probably mark and drill the holes for the screws on the body now that I have a correct pickguard, but I want to mount the pickups to the body before doing that to make sure I get the adjustment exactly right so something isn’t a little off after the holes are drilled. Another interesting thing is the bridge pickup is closer to the neck than is typical on this configuration. It sits only 1.5” from the bottom of the neck pickup, as opposed to the 2” or so that my other basses have. The main questions are still color choices, but I’ll get to that eventually. I could route the body for the larger pots, but I would need to also drill a hole in the side of the body for a side jack mount. I might also just add a hole to the pickguard since the body is already routed up there, which would allow for the pots and the input jack to all remain top mounted. The pieces are starting to come together…
No comments:
Post a Comment