Friday, May 1, 2009

Bridge alignment

Taking a break from exam studying! I did some fit up work on where the bridge is going to be mounted. Yesterday I figured out where it needs to sit from side to side so that the strings line up between the poles. Then today I had to figure out how far forward or back it needs to sit. I did some measuring of my other basses to get an idea of where they sit. On this measurement it is possible to be slightly off and still be fine since it can be adjusted on the individual saddles when you set the intonation anyways. Since I didn’t want to lose my measurements from yesterday, I taped along the sides of the bridge to make a “slot” where I can move it forward or backward for measurements, and taped it down to check and make sure everything is still good. As soon as one of the new necks arrives, I’ll make sure none of my measurements need to be adjusted, and then I can drill the pickguard and bridge holes. Once I do that, the body will then be ready to be primed. I don’t want to do that until I have all the holes drilled, and I don’t want to drill the holes until I have all the pieces fit up to make sure I only have to do it once. Here the holes are marked for drilling out the bridge holes.



No comments:

Post a Comment