Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Painting...

I started the color coat applications on the body. So far it seems to be going well, though every little imperfection drives me crazy. Working in the garage under fluorescent lights gives me a detailed view of everything which is not actually visible most of the time. That, along with the fact that half of this body will be covered by the pickguard and hardware, and it’s probably not as necessary obsess over it. But I will! It’s going to be as perfectly smooth as I can possibly make it before I start with the clear coat. If something is worth doing, it’s worth doing correctly! I think the color looks good. I’m still trying to decide on a color scheme for the whole bass though. There are a couple directions I could take. I have time to figure that out though. For now I’m going to focus on getting the body finished as well as possible, and then it becomes assembly. The neck is something I keep going back and forth about, but I still have time on that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment